Although no visitors or volunteers are allowed at LITTLE EDEN during lockdown, you can still make a difference by donating items from our wish list. These may be dropped off at reception, or contact Masana Shikwambane, on 011 609 7246 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We would greatly appreciate donations of:
- Snacks for our monthly birthday celebrations (cheese curls or flings, mini chocolate bars and soft sweets).
- Male and Female/Boys and Girls summer pyjamas of all sizes.
- Comfortable sandals with Velcro strips: Sizes 3 to 9.
- Disposable nappies of all sizes for children and adults
- Non-perishable food: Tinned baked beans and fish, Mabele and Maize porridge, Weetbix and Cornflakes
- Items in good condition that can be sold at our Charity Shop (clothing, furniture, books, bric a brac, toys, etc.)
- Financial contributions towards purchasing PPE for our staff
- Spread the word: Like and share our social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
In the spirit of Mandela Month, our Elvira Rota Village residents are also knitting scarves for the residents of local old age homes, to show appreciation for the generosity and kindness they receive from our communities.
Knitting plays an important part in the therapy and stimulation programme at LITTLE EDEN, and residents enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction each completed scarf brings. We are looking for any donations of wool or knitting needles on an ongoing basis, as we’d like to continue this project beyond Mandela Day.
Thank you for your support. Stay safe!