LITTLE EDEN Society is looking for a Depot and Charity Shop Supervisor. This is a full-time position and reports to the Shop Manager.
Education and minimum requirements:
• Grade 12
• Five years retail experience or experience supervising/working at a Second Hand Shop.
• Must have the ability to recognise/assess the value of goods and be able to price a variety of donated goods.
• Must have strong administrative and record keeping skills. Must be able to coordinate the collection, sorting, pricing, storage, stock control and distribution of donations plus supervision of staff.
• Valid drivers licence with NO endorsements – either a Code 8 or Code 10 licence. Must have a minimum of 3 years related driving experience. PDP would be advantageous as driving forms an inherent part of the position and driving will be assessed.
• Must be physically fit as some manual work is required.
• MS Office skills required. Must be computer literate and able to use Outlook, Word and Excel on at least an intermediate level.
• Ability to work on a Saturday morning is critical.
• Candidates must have their own reliable transport.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills in English. Ability to converse in an alternative South African vernacular language would be advantageous
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task (good organizational skills required)
• Able to manage a team of people effectively
• Team player
• A positive attitude and demonstrated record of reliability
• Must have initiative and be able to work on own.
Police clearance certificate and a clear credit record are required
Should you wish to apply for the position, kindly forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Lisa Neilson by close of business on
25 March 2022. Full information and the job description will be provided on request.
Note: We reserve the right to fill the position before the closing date as this is an urgent placement.